Outlaws is a student organization at the University of Iowa College Law. The organization was formerly known as the National Lesbian and Gay Law Association (NLGLA), or alternatively the Iowa Lesbian and Gay Law Association (ILGLA). The purpose of the organization is to provide a common forum for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered persons interested in the law, and to provide for a climate of mutual support, protection, and professional advancement.
Our mission is to foster academic, professional, and social interactions on campus. Outlaws seeks to design programs to empower students, faculty, staff, and community members to excel in their endeavors, stretch themselves to experience diversity, engage in activism and advocacy, and serve their community.
- to achieve equality before the law;
- to educate the community about GLBTQQ identities;
- to oppose homophobia and heterosexism;
- to sponsor conferences, speakers, and social events;
- to promote diversity in the Iowa community.